Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Anniversary SCORE!!

Even though Joe and I spent our wedding anniversary in separate towns for the first time in our married life, that sweet man scored some points for sure by sending me a gift in the mail. We typically don't buy big presents for each other; we usually choose to have a date night and perhaps spend our money on something fun for the house. Needless to say, I was so excited to open my amazon box to find a shiny new Timex heart rate monitor!!
And if you had asked me a year ago how I would feel about such a gift....I might would have wrinkled my brow with doubt...not now my friends!! I have been wanting one for several months but just never could bring myself to spend the money. What a great new toy for me!! I even opened the owner's manual, read it thoroughly and even set it up to track all sorts of stuff during my morning gym visits. It was quite fun this morning to monitor my heart rate and calories burned!! (I do have one question for Julie or Kathy - my monitor wearing gym friends...why must I wet the sensors before I put the sensor band on??)

Thank You to my sweet Joe!! I Love it....and I love you even more. Now I will know just how many extra calories I can splurge on when we have much needed date night. Can't wait until you come home!!


1 comment:

julie said...

OH HAPPY DAY!! :) You're going love it and seeing your progress is a good thing!! YAY!! So glad you got it finally!!!

You wet it I suppose so it makes a contact with your skin?? If you don't wet it and it doesn't pick up your rate, once you get all nice and sweaty it will ;)

Post a Comment