Saturday, April 11, 2009

A week of unexpected fun and surprises

What began as a fairly low-key week with a few fun things planned quickly turned into a BIG BUSY week with some ENORMOUS and wonderful surprises~~~you gotta love spring breaks like that!







We spent Tuesday in downtown Charleston at the Children's Museum with our good friends, the Yoder girls....err...now simply, the Yoders....cuz now that little Charlie Yoder is here, we can no longer call them the Yoder Girls!! The kids had big fun (Baby Charlie spent lots of time checking his eyelids for dust!)...the grocery store still remains the family favorite but the Shrimp boat is a close second. Great fun. The kids got some French culture when we had lunch at Rue de Jean...it was a first for Katie and she gave it a thumbs up....even though we passed on a frosty cold MOJITO (hands down the best Mojitos in the Lowcountry if you ask me) After lunch at Rue, Winston suggested dessert at Cupcake....a fine finish to a fine day with our friends.








Wednesday brought some very special and unexpectedvisitors. In a surprise twist of events, Kelly and 3 of her 4 Kindt girls came to visit from Raleigh. For Kelly and me, it turned into GabFest 2009. More about that in another post but suffice it to say....SO MUCH FUN. They were here for 2 glorious days. The kids had a great time with each other and I got to introduce Kelly to the Bethanys (sans Julie, Kath, and Tiff) when we all met for a Friday afternoon of Easter fun. I was so happy to have 2 very important worlds of mine collide....a wonderful time for sure. We have made a bunny house, had a few egg hunts and dyed eggs too. I'd say we're ready for a certain pointy-eared visitor to come bearing chocolate!



This makes me happy...to see the Kindt kids (we miss you Emmy!) and the Grant kids spending fun times together!

Bunny house.....note Lilly with the death grip on the icing bag!




Dying eggs in the park....good times!!

Lilly and I continued with the birthday party circuit today and helped Emily celebrate turning 4 with lots of jumping and lots of princess cake.
We have 2 more days of our break and then it's back to reality...and for me, I am actually looking forward to the normal schedule. I like routine and I like my daily schedule and after a straight 4- day gym boycott, I am quite ready to get my workout on. I clearly overdid it last Wednesday and my left hip flexsor has been extremely sore (no Kathy - I didn't try your "No Grapevine Workout" but I sure pulled something) so it's been a good chunk of time to rest some sore muscles but I might have had a few (or 20) Reese's peanut butter eggs in honor of the holiday. I would say I might have a few calories to burn!
The bunny comes tonight....
We wish everyone a Happy Easter full of blessings and joy!

1 comment:

julie said...

YOU DOGS!!! That's all I'll say about that - and dream of a cupcake :)

Post a Comment