Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For now.....my thanks

I am in the midst of a slow re-entry to the real world....more about all of that later but I have to some people to thank...

Thanks to the best Husband/Daddy in the universe for my birthday trip and for being who you are for me every single day...even when I am a brat. Thanks for my weekend away - it was exactly what I needed.

Thanks to Kathy, Carrie and Katie for taking good care of my family. It was wonderful to drive away knowing you guys were loving on my family in all the many ways that you did.

Thanks Mom and Dad (both Jones and Grant) for the cards and gifts.

Thanks to Janet, Julie and Linda - for your phone calls and messages....even though we didn't get to chat, just knowing I was in your thoughts put a smile on my face.

Thanks to Shearin for my package of "old lady doom"....I loved it all, even the black confetti that still litters my kitchen floor....might you remember October isn't far away and I have a VERY good memory for an old lady!

Thanks to Julia, Chris and Sam for my beautiful roses. They will brighten my kitchen for sure.

Thanks to Kellie and Katie for my impromptu birthday celebration complete with homemade cake, presents and great conversation.

Thanks to all of you who called and left messages and sent emails and well wishes.

Thanks to my Friday morning sisters for your prayers...they were heard and answered.

Thanks to Kelly for many many things but most recently, my bracelet and charms....if only I could silver plate you and hang you from my wrist!

And most importantly, Thanks to God for five friends....for the side-splitting laughter, for the cleansing tears, for the cherished time spent together, for our full histories and our bright futures. For a weekend that reminded me of my blessings....and as I saw written at the Chrisley house..."The best things in life are not things".

Stay tuned for pictures and more revelations from a very blessed and happy (but slightly tired) 40 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment