Monday, August 3, 2009

Much Fun


As an only child, I grew up spending lots of time with my cousins. My mental scrapbook is filled with wonderful memories of sleepovers, walks to the Old Dutch Supermarket, swimming in our pool and playing restaurant in my Aunt Jackie's basement. Those were good times for me. I am still very close to some of my cousins...and know I always will be.

I hope it will be the same for Winston and Lilly - both sides of our family are quite small so we are going for quality not quantity! Our children have only 2 first cousins and I am hopeful they'll continue making great memories with them. We are certainly starting out well in that endeavor. The four "Grant" cousins do quite well together - Anna has the patience of Job with Winston and Katie loves to "mother" Lilly so it all works nicely.



When they arrived last Wednesday (yes, still a week behind!) we enjoyed some time with Joe's sister before the girls banished their Mom back to Atlanta (hey, part of the fun is no REAL parents to deal with!) and celebrated 2 special birthdays - Anna (July) and Winston (August).
We spent Thursday on a shopping mission - the girls had some money to burn and burn it they did!! I was introduced to the world of Justice, Hollister, Aeropostale and Claire's Boutique! I have a few years before any of these places will be in Lilly's vocabulary so it was quite an education. Winston braved the mall with surprising patience and only had a few moments of misery in the sea of "all things girl".

We spent Friday and Saturday in the water....we hit the beach on Friday and the water park on Saturday. We had quite a spirited game of UNO and we introduced the girls to hummus (not big fans!) and green pepper on pizza. You know... the stuff that memories are made of!!




It was a such a good time, girls - we love you both dearly and can't wait to start planning next year. In the meantime, we'll see you in Dry Fork before too long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment