Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a moment to honor her memory please


Oh my, I was not prepared for the trepidation that filled my heart when Joe handed me the title and an ink pen to sign the back as "seller"....there really was a small lump in my throat. I was saying goodbye to an old, reliable friend.

She was the first car I bought and paid for with my own hard-earned money. I bought her back in October 1993....a 1994 Honda Accord, 2 door, stick shift....she was a beauty and I will miss her just a little bit.

I haven't been driving that car since Winston was born...and Joe refused to buy a new car until it was absolutely necessary (he's frugal that way, thank goodness one of us is!). The air conditioning went out this past fall and for those of you not living in the steamy Lowcountry - this is not the place to have a car with no AC during the spring and summer months. She clocked 200K miles a few weeks back....she was good....always so good to us. NEVER left us stranded.

So...any guess as to what we purchased to replace her?? Yes, you guessed it... ANOTHER Honda...and also in the grey/silver family. No picture as of yet to post but I think this post should be all about her....and the good girl she was to our family. She's off to transport someone else now....Godspeed oh great Honda......we will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment