Thursday, February 26, 2009

We've still got street cred with the younger set



We know it won't last forever....but for now, we're savoring in the notion that we are still SUPERSTARS to our children. Someday when this memory has faded so slightly, we'll be embarassing them and in their eyes....well, in a word....DORKS.



For now, we're at the top of their list.....and we love it.



Last Thursday was Daddy's Day at School for Lilly. This was the first year the preschool has honored Father's. What a great idea!! Moms always get a special morning in May to be honored by our preschoolers and it's always a special time we spend there so we were so happy to see the Daddy's get some love!! Lilly thought it was so great to have Daddy go with her to school. They enjoyed some doughnuts and time together. Lilly's class "shaved" the Dads with whipped cream and popsicle sticks for razors. Lilly made Joe a picture frame...it said #1 Dad....I personally could not agree more with that sentiment.


And even though Mother's Day is still a few months away, part of my present came earlier this week. I walked down the hall and noticed a sign on Winston's bedroom door...a first for us as he's just learning to read and spell words. He made this by himself and even though a few words could use some spellcheck, I read it and smiled....you see, I am the ONLY girl allowed in his room....and that, my friends, is a rule I can live with!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to still be cool to your kids. India and Kate are on a campaign to shrink my ego to the size of a pea. They constantly tell me I am driving too fast/too slow/going the wrong way, and they question everything I do and say. I have even spotted some eye rolling! Since when do 5 and 6 year olds act like teenagers?

I am finally back...stop by my site.

Post a Comment