Sunday, March 29, 2009

More of the Same

So once again we waved goodbye to Joe and are anxiously awaiting his return in 6 days...and this should be THE END of the crazy travel schedule. Let's hope. We're managing just fine but we miss him and he misses us and our schedule is just not what we're used to. It hasn't been fun for Joe either...12 hour days...weekend work....but in this day of economic turmoil, we are not losing sight of the big picture...he has a job and we feel secure in that. Praise the Lord! Anyway, it was a really great 3 days being back together as a family.

Joe arrived home late Wednesday night to find a note on the door from Winston. It was so cute and sweet. He's enamored with writing notes to people. He hands me at least 2 each day with such messages like "Can I have candy? Check Yes or No". He's doing so great with his reading and writing...we are quite proud.

We spent lots of family time together and I even worked in a trip ALONE to A.C. Moore for some scrapbooking inspiration. I have a preference for speciality scrappin' stores but I will take what I can get here in the Lowcountry. I have heard there is a new specialty store in Summerville and will have to check that out soon. I love to scrapbook as a hobby but time is in short supply these days so my vast inventory of stickers, paper and cutting tools usually stays tucked away in the closet. I hope to have a work space upstairs one day where I can have it organized and easily accessible..but for now, I will just find pockets of time to unload it all on the kitchen table and do what I can, when I can. My motivation right now...I am dying to start on our Disney Trip scrapbook but I won't let myself until I am finished with Lilly's first few years!!

Joe and I went to dinner on Friday night to celebrate 13 years and 13 days of marriage!! He was out of town on our big day but it sure was worth the wait. It was nice to have an adult-only evening for a change. We went to The Oak Steakhouse in downtown Charleston and it was really great. Just having a few hours to talk and laugh together makes ALL the difference to our relationship...we wouldn't trade a single thing about our life but the day in, day out of raising small children can sometimes put some wear and tear on Mommy and Daddy!


We have lots going on this week...Easter Egg hunts, making Easter treats for our friends at school, and packing...lots of packing. We are heading to our Auntie and Unc Uncs on Friday for the weekend, we'll pick up Joe at the airport there late Friday and weather permitting, spend a fun day at Carowinds on Saturday. Then we have a whole week of no school....I can't wait to stop setting my alarm for 5:30!!



1 comment:

julie said...

Oh my gosh! I wanna eat that ;) What did you get for an entree?! Dying to know...
So glad you guys got a date night before more separation - thankfully sounds like it'll end soon. KEEP ON KEEPING ON SOLDIER!!
I've been trying to make you something - but this CPU is about to find it self on the street!! AH!
Ella got her hair cut REALLY short today!! Its all right to or above her chin ;) Will add pictures soon! She said, "who do I look like? You think Lilly?" ...
Miss you - wish I could say, "see you tomorrow" again soon.

Post a Comment