Friday, March 27, 2009

A Reason to Celebrate

I have to confess…the last 45 minutes have been frustrating for me. I have typed….deleted…typed and deleted some more. I have clearly overthought this little blog post.

I put a bit of pressure on myself to deliver a meaningful post for a special girl. Her name is Julie and she is celebrating her birthday today. I, too, though a bit farther away from her than I prefer, am celebrating her special day and all the special gifts she brings to my life.

She is thoughtful, giving, witty and so very funny. She loves Jesus, her family and her friends, cake …and venti skinny lattes from Starbucks. We were brought together by 2 blonde baby girls who love each other more than we can describe. Julie is the linchpin to a group of friends that she has named the “Bethanys”. Because of Julie, there are 5 other women who have found each other and nurtured a friendship that is covered with the fingerprints of God. We are all better people because of it…and we are experiencing what real friendships are supposed to be about…I can think of no better gift than that.


Julie and her Bethany's


So Julie, I wish I could deliver a post as special and meaningful as you are but you know….that was an unrealistic goal my friend….for no blog post could EVER come close to fully expressing what you mean to me and all of us back home in SC who love you so very much. I love you deeply and am so incredibly grateful for the gift that God gave me in you.

I hope your day is filled with happiness, sunshine, laughter and a venti skinny latte. Celebrate yourself today my friend…for I surely am.


I Love You Jules…Happy Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

julie said...

Angie! Oh my goodness - thank you so much. Gosh, you couldn't just bring a tear to my eye - you had to pull them all the way down ;)
I also think you underestimate yourself. That truly was beautiful... Humbling and very much appreciated. In you - and all my Bethany's - I have been given a gift like no other. God bless those "angels" of ours for bringing us together~! I can actually remember the first official "meeting" - you had to come find me in Pilates bc Ella had some sort of issue?! :)
I'm a better friend because of you - I really am, at least I really want to be :) I miss you immensely.
I'm going to go and drink another one down just for you! If I make it my LUNCH again - its not so bad... RIGHT?!;)
Thank you Kitty

Post a Comment