Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So Easy.....

Yes, I think a caveman really could do it...dinner that is.....if you have this soup.

Mexican Chicken Soup
2 cans Campbell's Chicken and Rice Soup
2 soup cans of water
2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I rotisserie from Publix)

Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat thoroughly. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

And dinner, my friends.....IS DONE!
A shout out to sister Kathy Brabham for sharing this one....it was a hit....Joe loved it too and if you know Joe, you will understand what a statement that is....especially since he's a FRESH food kind of guy. This was an enormous breakthrough....everything was pre-made and he still gave it 2 thumbs up!

Okay so...a few words about cooking....because it really is one of my most favorite things to do. I am not a "cook" by any stretch...but I can follow a recipe and normally I am not afraid to try something new and challenging in the kitchen. If folks would get married during the week, I think I would even love to cater events (not a Saturday work kind of gal)....I love everything about the cooking process (except for the clean up afterwards) and it makes me so happy to serve food to someone I love and know they have enjoyed it. I have a slight obsession with cookbooks and cooking magazines and love to find new fun recipes to try. I do check in on some foody blogs from time to time too and I might begin to include some of our recipes on this blog too.

So...there you have it....and in less than 15 minutes, you can have that soup too!!!
Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

So true...where are the sous chefs when you need someone to chop or clean up?

The big question is did the Grant children partake of the soup? That is where we struggle at LDWSP. The Short People just don't like the same foods we do...

Post a Comment