Friday, May 8, 2009

Would you like Tea or Water? I'll have both!


The warm weather is here to stay in SC....and there is only one way to beat the heat in this next of the woods....WATER play...lots and lots of water play. Beach trips, water park days and anything else we can come up with to stay cool will be the order of the day, every day, in just a few short weeks when school ends and summer officially begins.
Alex invited Lilly and Sarah over for some time on the slip n slide. Lilly had already been asking about putting hers out in the back yard so she was thrilled to suit up and head over for some fun in the backyard. And for me, well, the Saelzler back porch is a cozy little spot to watch the kids play and catch up with Carrie. We had a great time watching the kids splish splash. We did warn Sarah and Lilly that Alex was "spoken for" so as long as the fun remained friendly and not romantic, we felt like Ella would approve!!
Yesterday was the annual Mother's Day Tea at Bethany and this was my first year to have this special time with Lilly. The kids were precious and had been busy making and planting flowers for the Mommies. They sang some sweet songs to us and served brunch. Such a great time to spend with Lilly and our special friends.
The Moms enjoyed reading the homemade cards by our children...I always love question and answer projects involving little people. To my surprise, Lilly shared the following about me...
My favorite food is salad
I love to cook and do laundry (50% correct...you guess which is right!)
My favorite color is pink
I am 23 years old (I LIKE IT!)
My best friend is Miss Kathy
I'd say she did a fine job on the answers...we will have to re-visit the laundry comment! By far, not something I LOVE to do but certainly something I do ALOT. And if she thinks I am only 23, then I'd say yes, I love to do laundry!
We have another beautiful weekend in store for us ....more water.....beach tomorrow with 4 other families. Should be plenty of fun for everyone. Isle of Palms here we come!
Sunday is Mother's Day and I am so excited to see the Children's Choir of the World at church; this is their 2nd Mother's Day visit to our church and if it's anything like last year, it will be a beautiful and heartwarming way to spend Mother's Day morning. After church, family brunch with the Yoders at Farringdon...another day to enjoy my family and good friends.
So happy Mother's Day to all....I wish for you a day to enjoy your families and your blessings.

1 comment:

julie said...

SO much fun! Lilly looks really thrilled in the picture with Alex and Parker! ha ha :) Did I tell you I tried the slip n slide last year ... yeah, I'm too old, even though I'm 23 too :) No, Ansley and Ella got my # - and like to share as a matter of fact!!
Hope you're having a fantastic Mothers Day you hot mama you!
XOXO - JULIE

Post a Comment