Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Musings

That's simply a smoke screen for the RANDOMNESS that follows....

First, Sertoma Bantam Packers are officially 1-1 this season. We fought hard in the torrential rains last Tuesday night and came out as the victors. It was a close one for sure. The boys did a great job and had great fun. We are back at it again on Thursday night. This game should be something pretty special since Grammy and Granddaddy are driving all the way from VA to watch Winston and his team in action.

Bethany's Tea Room starts today -- 2 weeks of yummy goodness with proceeds benefiting local missions. Can't wait to visit a few times these next few weeks. I signed up to bring desserts throughout the next 2 weeks...Lilly and I made a fresh apple pound cake yesterday that was a bit like torture for the Grant kids and Daddy. It was almost cruel to tempt the family like that - it sat on the counter and cooled and COULD NOT BE CUT ....I have plans to redeem myself and make one JUST FOR THEM later this week.

BHES PTA activities...in full swing...we had a hugely successful golf tournament this past Thursday night. Fall festival is around the corner....it's been quite the commitment so far this year but not a single regret...I'm glad I took it on this year.

The Grant Shoe Crisis of 2009 is well on its way to resolution. Lilly no longer limps out of preschool, church or dance class. Please dust off the crown for my Mother of the Year award - I will accept in person this year. Yes, quite charming isn't it....my poor girl has been wearing tight shoes to school, to church and to dance class for a few weeks now. I am pleased to report she now has ample room in some sporty new white Mary Janes, shiny tap shoes and some tennis shoes with a "pink check" just like she requested. It was a sad moment when I picked up the t-strap Keds and she gave me the thumbs down....she asked for shoes with a pink check like McCoy has!! (McCoy is her pal from preschool). So Lilly has her first pair of Nike's....and I must say, THEY ARE CUTE. Now onto Winston....he was limping a bit out of church yesterday....all we need are new church shoes for him and we can officially call an end to the crisis. I know you are all so relieved.

Last but certainly not least......and really.....I can get my point across in 7 words or less....

#4 has done it again...GUNSLINGER BABY!!!!

If you need me this week, I'll be gloating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment