Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Recap


We had a nice visit with Grammy and Granddaddy that began on Thursday when they arrived from VA in time to see the Bantam Packers take on the Bantam Panthers. Simply put, we got outplayed. Word around the league was that the Panthers were looking strong this year and they certainly lived up to their billing. Solid, fast team and they got the best of us for sure...to the tune of 21-0. It was still fun to watch and Winston showed his might a few times. He got some good tackles in and even stopped a Panther extra point play!! He's having tons of fun and that's what counts.


We paid a visit to Bethany's Tea Room for lunch on Friday. I checked Winston out of school early so he could join us. It was a wonderful lunch together and the kids enjoyed the dessert tray! I snapped a few pictures during our lunch and Winston sure provided some entertainment to some of the other patrons. He finds lot of enjoyment out of the old "bunny ear" trick - he loves to make bunny ears behind Grammy when they are posing for a picture. Some sweet little ladies who were having lunch next to us got quite a chuckle out of Winston's bunny ears during the picture. Especially since Mom didn't notice! She got him back though....and I think it's safe to say they are tied 1-1 on bunny ear tricks!
We spent Friday afternoon in the backyard enjoying the fall temperatures and for dinner, I introduced Dad to the Lowcountry tradition of Shrimp & Grits. I've tried several recipes and recently came across one that was a huge hit with Joe so I tried it again and got good reviews from Dad too. Mom is not a fan of shrimp or grits so she ate with chicken and fries with the kids!! I made an apple pound cake for dessert and that paired with ice cream and caramel sauce was a nice finale to the day.

We took a boat ride to Ft Sumter on Saturday. It was a perfect day for it -- mild temperatures and bright sunny skies. We had a late lunch at Vickery's on Shem Creek. Winston was voting for wings at Dog & Duck and was griping a bit but once we got outside at Vickery's and saw all the boats coming in, he quickly forgot about the Dog and the Duck! I found a little bit of happiness in a tall, frosty Mojito myself!!

It was a nice weekend which made for a rough re-entry to the school week, especially when we woke up to a dreary, rainy Monday morning!! We've got a monumental football game on MNF tonight...I wish I could just not watch and catch the score tomorrow (I get VERY wound up and pace...ALOT) but I won't be able to help myself. It's a tricky one for me - I am a long long time Packer fan but for now, my loyalites lie with #4 so I'll be cheering for the boys in purple tonight. Go Vikes! (good grief, that sounds weird, even to me!)
Lilly's class made their annual field trip to the Fire Station this morning. More on that trip tomorrow. Meanwhile, here are a for more pics from the weekend....


One of the Bantam Packers' biggest fans ... CHEER LILLY CHEER!


Lilly tries to get in on the bunny ear action....and instead uses a gesture that's not all that appropriate from a little lady...bless her soul, she has no idea and we plan to keep it that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment