Thursday, November 5, 2009

PIG.....as in.....

PIGSKIN......
We brought our first season as a Sertoma football family to a close this past Monday night. The Bantam Packers just missed a shot in the playoffs after a tough loss to the Falcons but it was a full season for sure -- Winston learned alot and had TONS OF FUN which is what matters most. I imagine we'll keep the helmet and pads pretty handy as I predict we'll be at it again next year. Great job Packer Team -- we'll see you at the season-end party coming up. Huge effort by everyone and #17, well we couldn't be more proud of you if we tried!

In more PIGskin news
If inquiring minds want to know, I have absolutely become a Purple People Eater and am cheering mightily for the Vikings this season. I always have and always will have a special loyalty to my Packers but for now, I roll with whatever jersey #4 is wearing. I was even surprised myself at how easy it was to cheer AGAINST my packers this past Sunday when Brett made his way back to the (thawed) Frozen Tundra and ran into a swirling chorus of BOOS!!

I am as loyal a Favre fan as they come and make no apologies for that. I love his story -- the whole thing....his personal challenges, all the ways he's overcome adversity, how he loves to play the game and yes, to agree with something my friend said the other day, he's just a tiny bit cute too!! I have bitten my tongue on more than one occasion listening to everyone grumble about his decision to retire/not retire/retire/not retire -- and hey, I get it -- it's a bit crazy but you know what?? It's HIS decision and no one elses....so BACK OFF BUSTER!! For now, I am riding the wave that is a fantastic 7-1 start....who knows what the rest of the season will bring but I'll celebrate for now!!

PIG=SWINE....flu??
Wish I knew for sure....we may have joined Club Swine today...
I had to pick up my little lovely today about mid-way through her day at Bethany. Vicki called and informed me that Lil had a 101 fever....so off I went to collect her. I walked in the office to find Vicki holding Lilly in her arms and rocking her like a baby. I could have cried...
cried at how badly my girl felt....
and cried at how tender and loving Vicki was with that sweet baby of mine.
That will always be my favorite thing about Bethany -- those teachers and directors LOVE our children in a way that a Mama can understand and oh, how I LOVE that.

Anyhoo....we will probably head in for a test first thing tomorrow to see what we've got brewing. We'll keep our prayers going and our hands washed in hopes that this won't make its rounds through the family. For now, Lilly has rallied a bit tonight - she ate a little dinner and is snuggling with Daddy so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Nite Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment