Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What shall we name him?


I'll pause for a moment...mostly so my friend Julia in Lexington KY who might be reading this can collect her thoughts and decide FOR SURE that I might have an unhealthy attachment to the elf boy in the picture. She has long since thought I was crazy for my affection towards what she described as a "deranged Christmas elf"....I beg to differ.
Cuz ya'll....I cannot even tell you how much I love this elf boy Advent calendar....I mean I LOVE him. He has been taunting me for the last 3 Christmas seasons because he knows that I just cannot bring myself to pay $70 to own him. And in case you're wondering, no the girl elf just doesn't pack the marketing punch that the boy does....don't ask me why -- it's the boy, I must have him.
Yes, it's true -- I own up to the sad fact that I paid $100 on Christmas pajamas last year for the children (Linda, start breathing again please).
100 bucks....
on Christmas Pajamas.....
it's insane isn't it (that is for 2 pair thank you very much)
Why can I pay that for pajamas and yet $70 seems like a might much for a crazy looking elf boy who would hang in our home for less than 30 days a year.
I opened up the Garnet Hill catalog back in 2007 and there he was and I seriously gasped at the cuteness....and I look for him every year when the Garnet Hill Christmas catalogs start rolling in. He's always there...just waiting for me to buy him....and one day....I will. And maybe that one day will be in 2009....or 2029 when I have some grandchildren running around our home...but one day...he will be mine....mark my words. For now, I'll just visit him on page 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment