Monday, January 11, 2010

He Shoots.....HE SCOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!

Even though the sounds of shoulder pads colliding and helmets crashing are still heard quite often on the big screen here on Marshside; as a family, we've hung up our cleats and pulled out the gym shorts and sleeveless jerseys.


Basketball is in full swing here....Winston is playing in a league for the first time ever and loves it. He's also working the remote pretty good in search of college hoops too.I won't be a bit surprised to find him laboring over some March Madness brackets any day now.

Winston is a Raptor - he is playing with a local church league with his best buddy and loves it. He had his first game this past Saturday and it was really fun. I don't know why I was surprised to see Winston's aggressive, fearless personality so prevalent on the court....but I was. I was kind of thinking he'd never played this game very much and was still learning the rules and skills so he might be a bit more timid...

What WAS I thinking....I thinkl he just might be the kind of kid who is built for sports and competition and I just hope his interest in sports remains strong .I am a firm believer that sports can help keep kids out of trouble as they grow older and teach valuable life lesssons about character, determination, commitment and hard work not to mention the great exercise too.

Okay so back to the first Raptor's game....Winston scored the first points of the game for his team -- who knew the boy could shoot hoops?!?! He was quick, nimble and very aggressive. He loved it....and had big fun. He's on a co-ed team and I think interacting with girls in a sports environment is fantastic for Winston. Lilly and I watched the game and I had to keep an eye on the clock so I could cover her ears when the buzzer buzzed...she's not a fan of loud noises!! She did cheer her brother on and had fun too.

Joe had big fun too --- he has taken quite a liking to the ole Nikon...he has been behind the lens ALOT more than me and got some awesome pics and video too. A video below shows Winston's second successful shot....

I'm sure we'll enjoy our next 8 weeks in the world of little people b-ball....and still keep our eyes close on those NFL playoffs.....cuz pigskin....it ain't over yet folks!!!

My Vikes and the fantastic #4 make their playoff debut next Sunday against quite a stout looking Cowboys team....as for me, I'll need a heavy dose of medication and plenty of room to pace during that one.....a nervous fan I'll be!!



GO RAPTORS!!

GO VIKINGS!!




1 comment:

julie said...

SO AWESOME!!! He is ALL BOY baby ;)
Oh, and hey - I'm jealous, my Cannon doesn't do video!!

Post a Comment