Saturday, March 27, 2010

Goose & Maverick....Mission(s) Accomplished

The big day started off chilly, windy and cloudy but that didn't stop Goose and her wingman, Maverick, from a 6 mile "dog fight".

Okay...so here's what really happened...

Joe's alarm buzzed at 4am....grrr.....and he promptly hit the road with our friends, Katie and Linda for a little jog across a bridge this morning. Brian and I headed down several hours later in hopes of seeing them cross the finish line. We arrived in time but in the sea of people, we missed them.

We found them after their finish and enjoyed a celebratory brunch at Hominy Grill. Good Times and a fantastic way to break the Yoder-Grant Restaurant curse (too much to explain here but trust me when I say - EXCELLENT MEAL with most excellent company - the curse is broken!)

Katie and Joe both did great and ended up running together with Katie leading the way and Joe as her wingman (thus the new names Goose and Maverick). Joe said Katie kicked it into overdrive up the bridge and almost left him in the dust!! She was weaving in and out of slower folks blazing quite a trail for Joe.

It was bittersweet for sure as up until 6 days ago, I fully planned to cross that finish line too but I was so very happy I got to experience the Bridge Run a little bit. After this morning's walk to and from the car on the uneven sidewalks, my ankle is not at all happy with me which further proves my decision was the best one. It wasn't how I thought it would be but we saw some funny sites and had a great day. Joe gets the Red Plate tonight -- his first 10K and at 41 years old, I'd say that's not too shabby!!

Goose and her WingMan.....all done!



Mission Accomplished!

Katie and her biggest fan

And Joe with his....


Love you both -- and congratulations to you two and all my other running peeps for a job well done!!


No comments:

Post a Comment