Tuesday, June 8, 2010

That's a Wrap

It's been almost two weeks since the dismissal bell rang at the "Beech"...

Our abode is almost sparkly clean...almost....

I can see my dining room table again...
Laundry is no longer "critically behind"....

The blog is still a little delinquent but we're getting there.
God has once again reminded me the importance of SLOWING DOWN...I've had to by necessity. I went to the Dr today and I have strep, a double ear infection and a sinus infection....excellent. I am hitting some antibiotics hard and praying even harder for a full recovery by first of next week - after 4 months of planning, Vacation Bible School comes to Bethany...and there is still much to do.

For now, we'll take a look back at a wonderful week, just 2 weeks ago. A big and wonderful farewell to a big and wonderful First Grade Year. Winston had an awesome teacher, made some awesome new friends and carried some awesome grades the entire year. The kid is a genius and we can all thank the Good Lord for his Daddy because Winston gets his smarts from the smartest guy I know. It was a wonderful year at a wonderful place -- we do love the "Beech" and while we will savor these days of no alarm clocks, no PTA meetings and no schedules to worry about, we look forward to another year filled with fun for not 1, but 2 Beech Hill Beacons. I'm just glad I have a few months to wrap my brain around that one.
Field Day for First Grade....
Winston with his sidekick, Griffin. Griffin is without any doubt one of Winston's most favorite parts of his first grade year. He's a full of energy, loves a good prank and adores sports -- the Winston Trifecta!
Ring Toss Station
Always a funny relay - Winston skipped the grass skirt and coconut bra as you can see he left those things behind
Grade Level Tug -o-War - a BHES tradition. I snapped this picture standing in our back door and the ability to do that is such a treasure to me - First Grade Tug O War - Winston's class is to the left.
His last morning as a First Grader. Dear Lord where did the time go.....


Buddies for sure. They've already called each other on the phone and have had a play date.


How cool for Winston - his Auntie was in town for his last day of school. She came to school and helped me cook and serve breakfast for his class. I hope he remembers this forever. This was such a great morning!


Chocolate Chip Pancakes for some special Beacons.


Breakfast is served.
Welcome Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment